Intergovernmental Personnel Act Fellowship Program IPA
Purpose and Goals
- Develops an IPA Intern’s job knowledge and skills in one or more of the following areas: audit, compliance, accounting, or other minerals management functions.
- Familiarizes the IPA Intern with ONRR’s processes to improve understanding, communication, and cooperation between all parties.
- Supports ONRR's Indian Trust Principles: "To promote tribal self-control and self-determination over tribal trust lands and resources."
IPA Interns are employees from State and local governments, Indian tribal governments, institutions of higher education and other eligible organizations who participate in a job fellowship with ONRR to gain the experience necessary to return to their respective organizations to assist with minerals management functions. ONRR has had several successful Fellowships where Interns have returned to their respective State or Tribe to participate in cooperative agreements with ONRR and become active members of the State and Tribal Royalty Audit Committee (STRAC).
Authority and Guidance for IPA's
- Intergovernmental Personnel Act, 5 USC Sections 3371 through 3375
- Title 5 CFR Part 334 TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENTS UNDER THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL PERSONNEL ACT (IPA)
- Office of Personnel Management Hiring Authorities
Questions / Contact