Indian Energy Service Center Referrals
Agency Managers may submit new projects through their respective Director for consideration and initiation to the IESC..
When nominating projects for energy, renewable energy, and minerals program support, please utilize the attached IESC Request Form. Nominations should consider and include:
- Contact information for the project,
- Brief description of the technical support needed and reasons for the need,
- Estimate of the timeframes associated with the workload,
- Critical completion/project dates,
- Risk posed to DOI if the work is not completed.
After filling out the IESC Request Form, please submit it and any supporting documents to IESCRequests@bia.gov
All cases nominated will be prioritized by the IESC. Prioritization will be based on the items noted above. Due to staffing limitations, not all projects nominated may be selected for assistance. The IESC will keep the Bureau Offices apprised of the status of their nominations.
Background: The IESC provides a suite of support services to BIA Agencies and Regional Offices; BLM Field Offices and State Offices; OST Fiduciary Trust Officers and Regional Trust Administrators; and ONRR for purposes of expediting the leasing, permitting, developing, and reporting for oil and gas development on Indian Trust lands. The IESC is relied upon to:
- Serve as a processing center for expediting certain nationwide Trust functions to augment or support an office.
- Help formulate and develop consistent policy, rules, regulations, and business processes.
- Procure contract services to provide direct services in support of oil and gas development.
- Address backlogs restricting the timely development of oil and gas resources.
- Participate in efforts to encourage coordination and promote resource sharing between Interior Bureaus and Offices, as well as other Federal agencies.
- Conduct SOP training of Interior employees having a role in oil and gas programs.
- Reconcile data between the various Bureau systems during performance of work tasks.
The IESC Director reports directly to the Deputy Bureau Director – Trust Services, Bureau of Indian Affairs, with guidance provided by an Executive Management Group comprised of representation from BIA, ONRR, BLM, and OST.
The IESC is available to provide technical support and guidance in processing all types of Indian energy, renewable energy and, mineral leasing and development activities, actions or drafting policy.