Freedom of Information Act
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requires federal agency records be accessible to the public unless they meet any of nine exemptions.
DOI Information & Guidance
Before Submitting a FOIA Request
The information you need may already be available online.
- Natural Resources Revenue Data — ONRR’s disbursements and reported revenues.
- Electronic Reading Room (EFOIA) — Released FOIA requests.
- Presentations & Testimony — ONRR-related presentations and testimonies.
- Press Releases — Catalog of ONRR press releases.
Submit a FOIA Request
When submitting online, where the request form asks for Bureau/Office, select:
- Agency: U.S. Department of the Interior
- Sub Agency: Office of the Secretary
- Sub Agency: OS Office of Natural Resources Revenue
- Department of Justice Office of Information Policy - Latest FOIA court decisions
- Office of Management and Budget Privacy Act